Pay-Per-K Race Information
The Greytown Rail trail is roughly 4.5km long. We will be extending it on the day to make it up to 5km long. It's a relatively flat trail through beautiful farmlands.
Entrants pay $2 per km from 5km to 100km in 5km increments. $1 goes back to the Rail Trust, and entrants can gain sponsorship at $1 per k to go towards their favourite charity. Dressing up is always fun so we encourage this also! Please register and pay online prior to race day, as there will be no entries available on this day. You can choose to run solo, or as part of a 5 person, or 10 person team
- 10 person team = 10 people run 10km each over the 100km distance
- 5 person team = 5 people run 10 km each over the 50km distance
- All runners will start from the Greytown end of the Rail Trail.
- All runners can choose to start their runs at any time they choose, as long as you finish by 9pm. The timing mats will be set up and ready for 6am for 100km runners/100km teams. Shorter distance runners can start at any time, and this also means that supporting runners can join longer runners for different legs if they choose.
- Please make sure to stick to the LEFT along the trail at all times! Make sure to stick to the left and let faster runners through as they come. It could be a busy day on the trail so please respect each other at all times!
There will be no age limits for this event. Please note that all runners under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian at all times. Runners under the age of 18 can run up to 20km but must have this signed off by a Parent/Guardian. If you do want to run further, this must be signed off by a parent/guardian prior to race day, and with approval from race officials. Strollers and wheelchairs are allowed with permission from race organisers. Please note this is only to avoid congestion along the trail so we need to limit numbers.
There will be no compulsory gear for this event, but if you are planning on running over 50km we advise you to have some gear/nutrition placed at an aid station or with a supporter just in case.
- There is no transferring of entries for the Pay-Per-K, due to the nature of the event.
- There are NO REFUNDS on entries for this event, if you choose to withdraw.
- You can only upgrade your distance once entered. If you choose not to run as far as you've selected on the day, this is up to you.
Aid Stations will be at each end of the trail plus at the mid-point, so each station will be at the 2.5km mark. The Aid Stations will have Tailwind, coke, sweets, biscuits, chips, sandwiches, bananas, oranges, water, sunblock, first aid.